It’s definitely not easy to always think positively and keep control of your thoughts and emotions at challenging times in life. Some situations can only be seen as negative but it is important to try to learn from every situation and try to see a positive future moving forward. I have read so much over the years on the power of positivity and it is immense how having a positive mindset rather than a negative will have huge effects on our lives. Here I have put together my 5 main reasons to try and practice positive thinking in 2017.
- HEALTH – Your mind can perform an estimated ten quadrillion operations per second without you even knowing it. Your subconscious mind is the power house to who you are but it can’t distinguish between a real event and something you merely think about. Think about when you wake up from a nightmare you have all the physical feelings you would if the nightmare was real life. Medical experiments have shown placebo effects time after time as the brain thinks the body is healed. The opposite to this is the nocebo effect where people are hypochondriacs and can actually cause their own illness. Negative thoughts e.g. the thoughts a hypochondriac would hold will cause the biochemistry in the brain to change and release the stress hormone cortisol into the blood which weakens the immune system. Exactly the same can be said of any negative thoughts you hold and words you speak eg bitchy and bitter resentful thoughts which will affect the release of cortisol. Start to become aware of the thoughts and words you are using and how they make your body feel.
- RELATIONSHIPS – You will attract better relationships into your life and keep hold of ones worth keeping if you are more positive. Who wants to be around someone who moans and whinges all the time and speaks only of lack rather than abundance. If you start seeing the positive in relationships and friendships and show gratitude and love, chances are they will blossom. Remember the mind can’t distinguish between a real event and something you think about so be careful where you let your mind wander as you may start believing, feeling and acting like your partner is a cheating lying arsehole when they’re not, and you acting like they are is a recipe for disaster.
- SUCCESS – When you think positively you will start to focus on solutions rather than dwelling on problems. You will become more productive and start to use your time wisely. Negative people will find all the reasons it won’t work and successful people will find all the reasons it will work. Successful people will not see failure when things don’t go to plan they will see it as feedback and keep focusing on their goals.
- ABUNDANCE – Change the way you look at the world and the world you look at changes. If you start to practice gratitude and think positively you will start to see so much abundance in your life. There is so much to be grateful for if you just start to notice the good and not moan about what doesn’t seem to be going your way.
- LAW OF ATTRACTION – A positive mind will attract positive events. Every thought you hold has a vibration and you will attract things on the same frequency. Positive visualisation and affirmations are great to raise your vibration and change your state. The law of attraction states that like attracts like so get control of those thoughts and replace negativity with positivity.
I really love this quote I read recently:
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
Look at the picture below on the right and see how the negativity makes your body feel. Then look at the red on the left and notice the difference when you see only positivity.
– CASEY PAUL